Invisalign Dentist Winston-Salem, NC
An Invisalign® dentist can provide patients with a series of teeth-straightening aligner trays, which are ideal for those looking for a discreet tooth straightening option. Invisalign® is a commonly chosen teeth-straightening option offered at Dental Center of the Carolinas.
While most people invest in teeth straightening treatment for the uniform appearance they create, they can also benefit one's oral health. However, investing in various types of options will produce different results. As an Invisalign® dentist, we can provide patients with a professional, efficient and customizable teeth straightening treatment.
Invisalign involves a series of clear plastic aligner trays that discreetly fit over the teeth. Along with being difficult to notice, they are easy for patients to remove when eating, brushing teeth, playing sports, taking pictures and more. As long as the patient wears the aligners for at least 22 hours a day, they can enjoy the versatility of Invisalign and avoid the frustration of traditional metal braces.
If you are interested in getting straighter teeth in a discreet and convenient manner, Invisalign® may be the perfect option for you. Contact us today to schedule your Invisalign® consultation.
How does Invisalign® work?
As an Invisalign® dentist, our team straightens teeth using a series of aligners. First, an impression of your teeth is taken so that a series of aligners can be created in a dental lab. The aligners themselves are made out of a thermoplastic material that is strong and at the same time flexible in order to be comfortable when worn for long periods of time. The material is virtually invisible.
The aligners should be worn for 22 hours a day and every two weeks; they need to be switched out with the next one in the series. Over a period of months, the aligners will slowly move teeth into place, making one minor adjustment at a time that is targeted to specific teeth. This helps your teeth to be comfortable as they are moved into position at a manageable pace. Once you are done wearing your aligners, your teeth should be perfectly straight.
Benefits of Invisalign®
- Patients may prefer wearing Invisalign® because of how convenient it is in comparison to wearing traditional braces.
- The aligners are clear so no one can tell you are straightening your teeth.
- They are only worn for 22 hours a day so you can take them out to eat dinner, go on a date, or make an important presentation at work.
- You can brush and floss your teeth like normal, and no additional tools are required.
- There is less of a risk that your teeth will become stained as compared with wearing metal braces that can be difficult to clean.
- The procedure is more comfortable than metal braces since the aligners move teeth into place slowly and only focus on a few teeth at a time.
- Aligners are easy to take care of, and you only use the same aligner for a couple of weeks.
How do I care for my aligners?
We recommend that patients remove their aligner and rinse it with warm water on a daily basis. You may also want to brush them with a soft toothbrush.
Some patients need to wear attachments or ridges in order to ensure that their teeth move into place perfectly. An attachment is a clear bump that is made of an enamel colored composite and secured to the teeth. Bumps on your aligners will grip them in order to hold the aligner in place. Ridges work in a similar way only an indent is created instead of a raised bump. This can be necessary for more complicated cases to ensure that a particular tooth, or several teeth, move into place like they should.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina Invisalign Dentist
Patients will need to see us for checkups to ensure that teeth are moving like they are supposed to. Fortunately, since the aligners are made at the beginning of the procedure, these appointments are less frequent than if you were wearing metal braces. With traditional braces, a metal bracket is placed on each tooth, and a wire is threaded between them then held in place using rubber bands. The wires need to be adjusted on a regular basis in order to keep teeth moving in the right direction. This requires frequent office visits. For people with busy schedules and a hectic life – this is inconvenient, and any delay in appointment scheduling can prolong the timeframe that braces need to be worn for. As an Invisalign® dentist, we see patients less frequently because the checkups are not to adjust anything, just to make sure that the procedure is working. This is far more convenient for patients throughout the Winston-Salem area.
For most patients living in the Winston-Salem NC area, the procedure takes around twelve months. The exact timeframe will depend on your situation, and only our team can tell you how long they will need to be worn. Overall, the treatment time can be less than with metal braces. This is in part because you do not have to schedule appointments to keep your teeth moving. Simply pull out a new aligner.
Check out what others are saying about our Invisalign® services on Yelp: Invisalign® Winston-Salem
Finding an Invisalign® Dentist
Not all dentists offer Invisalign®. You have to receive special training in order to provide it to patients. To learn if the procedure is right for you, schedule an appointment with our Dental Center of the Carolinas office by calling 336-542-2184.
How will Invisalign® impact my life?
Unlike wearing traditional braces, Invisalign® will not make a major impact on your quality of life. Since the aligners are clear, it will not impact your appearance. Additionally, since they only need to be worn for 22 hours a day, they will not interfere with eating. This is a huge advantage because you can eat your favorite plate of ribs, go out for a romantic date, eat a caramel apple without worrying about something becoming stuck in your teeth or a wire being pulled out of place. This time also allows you to take the aligner out when having an important conversation or making a presentation at work. Overall, this is a convenient way to straighten your teeth and provides the maximum level of flexibility.
Some people are concerned about whether or not wearing an aligner will impact their speech. Most of our Winston-Salem patients tell us that they have to get used to wearing aligners after the first couple of days. Sometimes, patients have a slight lisp which goes away once they become used to speaking while wearing them. This is standard with any orthodontic procedure but fortunately; most people can speak normally within a couple of days.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. What are the benefits of Invisalign®?
Q. How will Invisalign® impact my life?
People Also Ask
Q. Is Invisalign® better than traditional braces?
Definition of Invisalign® Terminology
- Aligner Trays
- With Invisalign® treatment, the patient will receive a series of aligner trays and swap out each one for the next one in the series every two weeks in order to gradually straighten the teeth.
- Blue Compliance Indicator (Invisalign® Teen)
- The blue compliance indicator is a small blue dot on the aligners that will fade from blue to clear in order to indicate if the patient is wearing the aligner for the proper amount of time and where the patient is in the Invisalign® process.
- ClinCheck® Software
- ClinCheck® software allows professionals to map out the straightening process the patient’s teeth will go through with Invisalign® in great detail.
- Gum Line
- The gum line is the line in the mouth where the teeth and gums meet. If a patient struggles with gum recession, then the gum tissue around the teeth may begin to wear away.
- Incisal Ridges
- Incisal ridges are the portion of the crown of the tooth that makes up the incisal portion and can be a direct cause of overbite if they are extended too far.
- iTero Element® Scanner
- An iTero Element® scanner allows professionals to create a 3D image of the patient’s teeth in minutes and predict what it will take to move the teeth into proper alignment.
- Malocclusion is the condition in which the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly when the bite is closed. Conditions of malocclusion can include overbite, underbite, crossbite and open bite; all of which are treatable with Invisalign®.
- An overbite is a type of malocclusion that occurs when the upper teeth jut out over the lower teeth, covering them and causing other issues.
- Polyurethane Resin
- Polyurethane Resin is a USP Class VI medical grade, high molecular weight compound that makes up the Invisalign® aligners.
- SmartForce Attachments
- SmartForce attachments are small attachments that professionals place on the patient’s teeth before placing aligners to help move the teeth.
- Smart Track® Material
- Smart Track® material is in Invisalign® aligners to increase comfort, improve control of movement, increases the speed of treatment and applies a gentle force to the teeth over time.
- Smile-Scan analyzes the way a patient smiles by measuring the position of the mouth and eyes before giving a score.
- Vivera® Retainers
- Vivera® retainers are a type of retainer that consists of clear plastic material and helps to maintain orthodontic corrections after a treatment.
Back to top of Invisalign Dentist
Tips For Finding An Invisalign Dentist Near Winston-Salem
Finding the right Invisalign® dentist for you can be difficult, and it can be helpful to know useful tips for how to do so effectively. From knowing the proper way to search online to talking to friends and family members, there are many useful tips to ensure you are able to find a reputable Invisalign®…
Oral Hygiene Tips From A General Dentist
After each routine visit to your general dentist, you may receive a few tips or recommendations from your dentist to continue to maintain or boost your oral health. Although these tips vary from patient to patient, there are a few tips that dentists share across the board.Dentists recommend that you brush your teeth at least…
Tips For Keeping Dentures In Good Shape
If you own dentures, it’s important that you keep them in great shape. This will improve how long you have them and your oral health and prevent you from paying for another set of pearly whites. Thankfully, cleaning and maintaining them are easy enough with the proper knowledge. Below are tips and tricks to help…
Reasons To Choose Invisalign® To Straighten Your Teeth
Invisalign® offers benefits that traditional braces and other methods of teeth straightening do not. The clear aligner treatment system is a convenient, comfortable and discreet treatment option that allows patients with mild to moderate teeth alignment concerns to achieve a more attractive smile that makes them proud. Every patient has their own reasons for considering and…