When you choose Dental Center of the Carolinas’s Drop Dead Gorgeous Dentures, Dr. Kelly will partner with you every step of the way to ensure that you receive the smile makeover of your dreams. Drop Dead Gorgeous Dentures offer more than just an attractive denture that will enhance your appearance. These dentures are designed for optimal functionality, and provide better chewing and biting than normal dentures. All Drop Dead Gorgeous Dentures:
- Feature teeth that are individually hand-set to give you a youthful, natural look
- Are matched in tooth size to the size of your face
- Give you choices in tooth shape and color
- Are compared to photos of you before tooth loss to ensure that your new smile is as natural as possible
Every Drop Dead Gorgeous Denture wearer is able to flash an incredible smile while enjoying a denture that provides stability, optimal chewing efficiency, and comfort.
Dentures, just like natural teeth, require daily maintenance to stay clean and keep bacteria from growing inside of your mouth. When you are not wearing your dentures, they need to be kept moist. Dentures that are not kept in a denture cleaning solution or in water can dry out, lose their shape, or even crack and break. Certain styles of dentures require certain soaking solutions, so be sure to ask Dr. Kelly which solution is best for you.
Your dentures are not immune from plaque and tartar build-up either, so it's important that you brush your dentures every day. To brush your dentures, use a soft-bristled brush and gently brush the surfaces of the dentures, being careful not to break or bend the plastic. Between brushings, it's important to rinse your dentures after each meal.
Use a gentle cleanser to clean your dentures. Many toothpastes, household cleaners, and mouthwashes can be too hard on your dentures, so we recommend that you use a mild hand or dish soap to get your dentures clean. Be sure to check for the American Dental Association (ADA) seal of approval to choose products that are safe for your dentures, or ask Dr. Kelly about which products may be best for you
Dentures are not for everyone. If you're interested in learning more about dentures and want to know if they are the right choice for you, please schedule an appointment at our Winston-Salem dental office. Dr. Kelly and our team will be happy to answer any questions you might have, and can determine the best course of treatment for your ongoing dental health.
Natural in appearance
"Typically, dentures are a replacement for no teeth, not for teeth, and have always been conspicuously artificial in appearance. But with Drop Dead Gorgeous Dentures, they are so incredibly natural that even I can't tell."
—Dr. Andrew Kelly
Look and Feel like Yourself
Dental Center of the Carolinas’s Drop Dead Gorgeous Dentures are exquisitely matched to your face, complexion, eye color and hair color. Quite simply, our goal is to create natural looking dentures for you that make you look and feel like yourself again.
Teeth play a vital role in defining who you are. They give each face a unique identity, just as the eyes and nose make each face distinctive and easily recognized.
Eat and Smile Naturally
Your natural teeth were unique in size, shape, arrangement, and in the support they gave your lips and cheeks. The closer we can get the artificial teeth to how your natural teeth were, the more you look and feel like your old self. Our goal in setting your artificial teeth, then, is to put them where the natural teeth were. When we do this, your bite looks and feels natural. You can smile without feeling self-conscious, and you can eat the foods that you like comfortably and normally.
Comfortable Fit, Optimal Chewing
Dr. Kelly uses custom Vitapan™ teeth to craft your Drop Dead Gorgeous Dentures. With these Vitapan teeth being used, you will get both a beautifully natural smile and improved chewing function.
Creating your Drop Dead Gorgeous Dentures
If you look closely at someone with a beautiful smile and straight teeth, you will notice that each tooth is not precisely aligned with its neighbor tooth. Instead, the placement of the teeth varies slightly to create a beautiful and natural smile line.
Dr. Kelly is a Cosmetic Artist who has practiced his craft for over 36 years. He and his team will use every tool and resource available to ensure that your dentures are more than just "fine." He will make sure that they are nothing short of Drop Dead Gorgeous.
Feel Confident with Natural-Looking Dentures
In order to give you a Drop Dead Gorgeous smile, Dr. Kelly will take the time and care to craft your dentures individually, and to make sure that you are happy with the size, shape, color and fit of your new teeth.
As part of our procedures, you can expect that we will:
- Match the tooth size to the size of your face. Off the shelf teeth could be too large for your face, or too small. Either way, poorly made dentures draw the worst kind of attention because they just don't look right. At Dental Center of the Carolinas, we make sure that your new teeth fit your face and smile exactly the way you like.
- We give you choices in tooth shape and color. No one knows your mouth and teeth like you do. For each tooth, you'll have a variety of shapes, sizes and colors to choose from. Whether you want to replicate your old smile or enhance it with your new Drop Dead Gorgeous Dentures, we'll help you select the smile that is uniquely right for you.
- We spend the time to get to know you. Your distinct personality should be reflected in your smile. You'll want to look and feel like yourself when you smile, and that's exactly what we want, too.
- We ask for photos of you before you lost your teeth. It's important to us that when you smile, you look like you. By looking at your photos, we can be sure to match size, shape and placement of your new teeth.
- We Handset each of your Upper Front Teeth. For most dentures, the teeth are placed in the lab, not by a dentist who can look at you in his office, and who knows your teeth and your smile well. In our downtown Winston-Salem office, Dr. Kelly will hand-set each of your upper front teeth for ultimate cosmetics. With Drop Dead Gorgeous Dentures, your new smile will look and feel natural.
- When possible, we utilize pre-extraction dental records to aid in tooth placement.
- We make sure that your dentures are secure. Dr. Kelly and his team are experienced in the most advanced techniques available to secure your dentures so that they feel natural and comfortable.